Dragonfly, Damselfly, and Odonata Organizations
These groups are dedicated to learning more about dragonflies and damselflies,
as well as helping to conserve them:
- Wisconsin Dragonfly Society
- The Wisconsin Dragonfly Society was formed to study and protect the Odonata (dragonflies and damselflies) in Wisconsin,
whether they are resident or migrating through. It fosters appreciation, study and enjoyment of Wisconsin dragonflies and
damselflies and the aquatic habitats on which they depend. LEARN MORE >
- Dragonfly Society of the Americas
- This society makes available known information about the distribution, biogeography, biodiversity, and identification of
Odonata (dragonflies and damselflies) world-wide .LEARN MORE >
- British Dragonfly Society
- The British Dragonfly Society (BDS) was founded in 1983 by a small group of dragonfly enthusiasts and scientists. The Society has
grown substantially since that time and the current BDS membership of
about 1,500 is spread the length and breadth of the country, as well as into Europe and beyond. LEARN MORE >
- Ohio Odonata Society
- The Ohio Odonata Society is an evolution of the Ohio Odonata Survey. The society exists to promote knowledge and appreciation of Odonata in Ohio.
LEARN MORE >
- International Odonatological Foundation, Societas Internationalis Odonatologica S.I.O.
- Odonatologica publishes original papers in all fields of odonatology. It is a semi-annual journal, published on 1st June and 1st December.
Publication language is English.
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Libellenstudie
- Het gaat goed met de Nederlandse libellenfauna. Onderzoeker Tim Termaat van De Vlinderstichting was afgelopen zaterdag te horen op Vroege Vogels.
Recent onderzoek heeft aangetoond dat veel soorten die in de twintigste eeuw sterk achteruit gingen zich de laatste 25 jaar hersteld hebben.
- Gesellschaft deutschsprachiger Odonatologen e.V
- Die Gesellschaft deutschsprachiger Odonatologen e.V. (GdO) hat sich zum Ziel gesetzt, der Förderung des Wissens über Libellen und dem Schutz heimischer
Libellen zu dienen. Sie will die Kontakte und den Erfahrungsaustausch zwischen Libellenkundlern ermöglichen und intensivieren.
- International Dragonfly Fund
- Our aim is to support projects dedicated to the exploration and protection of the dragonflies of our world and their habitats.
- Società Italiana per lo Studio e la Conservazione delle Libellule Onlus.
- Kansai Research Group of Odonatology (Japan)
- Nordic Odonatological Society
- Nordisk Odonatologisk Forum - Norge: The Nordic Odonatological Society Newsletters available as PDF files.
- Société Française d'Odonatologie (SFO)
- Western Australia Insect Study Society
- The Western Australian Insect Study Society provides a medium for interchange between people interested in insects.
Its aim is to promote the study of insects, particularly those native to Western Australia, for personal enjoyment and
the advancement of knowledge.
- Minnesota Dragonfly Society
- Ensuring conservation of Minnesota’s dragonflies and damselflies through research and education.
- Dutch Society for Dragonfly Study
- On March 1, 1997, the Dutch Society for Dragonfly Studies (NVL) was founded. The goal of the association is
to encourage the study and protection of dragonflies in general, especially dragonflies in the Netherlands. Here,
the NVL is working with a number of other conservation organizations, such as Butterfly Conservation and EIS Netherlands.
The association has over 450 members.